First Baptist Church

  of Carthage

Home

Who We Are

 

The First Baptist Church of Carthage is a congregation united by faith in God and having a desire to become more Christ-like in our daily lives. We truly believe that everyone is created to have a deep and lasting relationship with God our creator and creator of all things. Through Jesus Christ, God gave us the way to salvation and eternal life. As forgiven sinners and followers of Christ, we are working together to seek the Lord’s will in our lives and in the life of our church. As a congregation, we aspire to work together “To win the lost to Jesus Christ and to nurture Christians in their growth.   


Watch our Pastor's Sermons:  

http://vimeo.com/fbccarthagenc

 

A Brief History of

First Baptist Church of Carthage

 

The First Baptist Church of Carthage was constituted in May of 1858. For over 70 years the church was located on Ray Street until it was relocated to its current location on McNeill Street in March of 1928. On October 3, 1859 the church was admitted into the Sandy Creek Baptist Association. During the 1890s, a Sunday School and Women’s Missionary Union were established. Reverend O.J. Hagler became the first full-time pastor on August 11, 1946. The church has had 39 pastors since 1858. At present, Reverend Raymond D. Campbell is our pastor. The former parsonage on McNeill Street was built in 1912 and used by the pastors and their families until 1970. At that time, the church built a new parsonage on Edgehill Parkway, less than a mile from the church. In 2003, a new Fellowship Hall was built where the old parsonage had once stood.

 

The First Baptist Church of Carthage continues to support missions locally, statewide, and around the world. It is our Christian goal and responsibility to work toward fulfilling the Great Commission the Lord Jesus Christ gave to his disciples in Matthew 28: 18-20.

 

 

 

 

Counter